Wilhelm Rudolf Marloth, 1931
This member of the
Euphorbiaceae family was given this name by Hermann Wilhelm
Rudolf Marloth in 1931. It is found
in south eastern South Africa, growing in a well drained soil with
some water and lots of sun. The caudex can grow to twelve
centimetres in diameter, the entire plant to 30 centimetres in
flowers are brownish to yellow.
The genera name; Euphorbia
dates back to the first century BC, where King Juba II of
Mauritania used it in a reference to his doctor, Euphorbos, and that
was kept as a generic name by Carl von Linnaeus. The species
name; polycephala means "Many headed".