It was found between
Skovlænge and Gurreby on Lolland in a stone bridge
at an incalculable mount around 1627.
Uncertain whether it was a paved road or
a bridge. Despite it was asked to be
brought to Copenhagen in 1652, it still
remained in the stone bridge in 1765.
After being moved to the vicarage in
Skovlænge, it was brought to Maribo
Museum in 1894, where it until the
autumn of 2014 was located outdoors.
Skovlænge and Gurreby on Lolland.
Present location: Stiftsmuseet in
Maribo. Banegårdspladsen 11, 4930 Maribo.
The stone is
granite, 140 centimetres high, 106
centimetres wide and around 30
centimetres thick. The runes were made
around 970-1020 where the ornaments
might date further back.
"Āstrāðr rēsþi stēn þessi æftiR
Iūta, faður sinn, harða gōðan þegn."
Translated: Ástráðr raised this
stone in memory of Júti, his father, a
very good þegn.