This member of the
Haemodoraceae family was
given this name by Carl Linnaeus in 1759. It is found marshes and
along streams in South Africa, growing in a rich soil with lots water and
lots of sun. The rhizomes can grow to six centimetres in
diameter, the leaves up to one meter and the inflorescence with the
golden yellow flowers up to two and a half meter.