This member of the Euphorbiaceae
family was given this name by Nicholas Edward Brown in 1915. It is
found near Cape Good Hope, South Africa, growing in
a well drained soil with little to some water and some to lots of
sun. The swollen stem can grow to eight centimetres in diameter and
fifteen centimetres in height. The flowers are yellow.