Werner Rauh & S. Hofstätter,
Mix - Gritty
Green - Brownish-Green
This member of the Euphorbiaceae
was given this name by Werner Rauh and S. Hofstätter in 1915. It is found on the
rocky shores of the Mangoky river, growing in a well drained rocky soil
with some water and lots of sun. The caudex might grow to ten
centimetres in diameter, the entire plant
to 70 centimetres in height. The flowers are green to brownish-green.
The genera is named after
Euphorbos, the Greek physician of King Juba II of Numidia. The
species is named after the village of Beroroha, found where the rivers
of Makay and Malio meets the Mangoky river.